Tuesday, July 24, 2007

praying

i was flipping the pages of my streams in the desert when i got across the passage below:

true saints of god have endured lengthy times of patient waiting with no reply, not because their prayers were prayed without intensity, nor because god did not accept their pleas. they were required to wait because it pleased him who is sovereign and who gives “according to his good purpose” (Phil. 2:13) and if it pleases him to cause our patience to be exercised, should he not do as he desires with his own?

no prayer is ever lost, or any prayer ever breathed in vain. there is no such thing as prayer unanswered or unnoticed by god, and some things we see as refusals or denials are simply delays. -no prayer is ever lost, or any prayer ever breathed in vain. there is no such thing as prayer unanswered or unnoticed by god, and some things we see as refusals or denials are simply delays. -horatius bonar

being a lowly creature inside the wall does not make praying easier. true, silence is of help. and also the ambiance. and the chapel. and my prayerful companions. and the inputs of my formators. my list goes on to secure me in praying more. longer. and well.

but at many times, it does not work. I miserably fall flat on my face.

growing a little wiser, I realized that at many times, it is difficult to pray because the turbulence comes from within. i acknowledge that my heart is far from being at peace. i am disoriented. i have a lot of worries that prevent me from encountering him in a more meaningful way. I am in chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment