Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Silencing

I am an output oriented person. The need for me to deliver results is always at its zenith. Some friends told me that I am no. 3 (i.e. an achiever) in enneagram. And being one, I realized that it makes it all the more difficult for me to pull myself into solitude and pray.
This is true when I am beating a deadline or merely finishing a task.
Distractions abound within despite the fact that the quiet environment (the novitiate house is on a hill, away from the noise of the city) invites me to commune with the God I believe in. But I know that He desires to be with me more than I wish to be with him.
And at many times, I've witnessed how He has always been so patient in keeping up with the fast paced brand of lifestyle I lead.
It feels good that I have a God who understands me and adjusts with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment