Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Something on fear

I was preparing for my goodnight talk tonight when I opened my journal to an entry which I wrote as a four-day old novice:

One of my fears includes not being able to finish the novitiateFear has been part of my system.

Grace of God has allowed me to go on; and I guess, the reason why I still am here is because of it.

-May 4, 2007

We look at fear as something negative. In fact, we avoid treading paths that are frightening. We usually seek the easy way out.

But not all is ugly in the face of fear; for it teaches us to tighten our grip to something or to someone we believe in. Fear pushes us to believe that nothing bad will happen to us.

nd so, as we encounter fear, let us relish the experience of growing more in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment