Sunday, June 01, 2008

I go to the north

Off I go to the Ilocos region tomorrow until the 6th of this month for our extended summer camp.

Ilocos has been special to me not only because of the national heritage of the country which stands tall in this region, but more than that, I have so many good memories of the place.

Vigan, the capital of Ilocos Sur, was the destination of our summer camp seven years ago, which our batch organized for the entire community. Somehow, that camp has been instrumental in making our batch more united.

On the other hand, Laoag, the capital of Ilocos Norte, was the destination we featured in our TV production class some nine years ago. Our professor tasked us to cover a place which we’d feature in a travelogue. It was a great experience to be with my college pals, most of whom, I still keep in touch up to this present time.

I realized how special that event to me when I was doing the conscious examen earlier. Looking back into the 10-hour drive from Laoag to Manila, I recall having her seated beside me.

Such a sweet delight!

A thing of the past which I relish up to now.

No comments:

Post a Comment