Thursday, March 12, 2009

Summer reads

It's been one week since we begun the smoldering season of summer! I hope you noticed the alliteration!

I found myself juggling three books: The Great House of God (Max Lucado), The Name of the Rose (Umberto Eco) and Sophie's World (Jostein Gaarder). I realized that each of these books satisfies my quench for philosophy (Sophie's World), spirituality (The Great House of God) and literature (Name of the Rose). Plus, it leads me into accomplishing my goal which is to finish at least three books this summer.

Somewhere along the pages of the Sophie's World, these words found me and they have left me breathless.

"Life is both sad and solemn. We are left into a wonderful world, we meet one another here, greet each other--and wander together for a brief moment. Then we lose each other and disappear as suddenly and unreasonably as we arrived."

No comments:

Post a Comment