Thursday, May 07, 2009

Blogging at 70!

I am still here at Don Bosco Technical Institute in Makati City, home of the 5th John Paul II Catechetics and Youth Ministry Conference. It will conclude tomorrow. Let me write something about it in the future, but let me feature a Salesian who is celebrating his 70th birthday today. Let's all hear it for Fr. Lazaro Revilla, SDB!

Melo told me that Fr. Revilla is blogging. You may check his site by clicking here and while you're there, you may wish to greet him as well. And please, don't forget to pray for him.

Browsing over his blog, I was inspired with what I read in his first entry. Let me quote it lengthily:
Right now I am retired from the public life and confined in the air-conditioned room due to the limitations of my heart. I had my bypass operation 15 years ago; then another operation due to colon cancer 9 years ago; and now, my heart works very little with an injection fraction of 25% only. This situation places me in the Paschal Mystery of Christ-- His suffering, death and resurrection.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's amazing. May God bless him always!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete