Monday, October 31, 2011

Radio apostolate

Every third Sunday, for the past five months now, I slip away from our community to go to Makati for the radio broadcast.


I cannot thank Fr. Gerry enough and the rest of the confreres for the go signal and the support they have given me to pursue this media apostolate. Despite the fact that agreeing for me to be there means I would not be here.


I love to teach, and I consider the classroom as my rightful place in the congregation. It's where, I think, I'll be most productive, it's there that I'll be most maximized by the province.


But communication is my first love. and so far, my experience of being in the radio can be summarized into three words: I am learning.


Br. Jomar would tease me for being so silent most of the time on air. because I feel intimidated being in the midst of seasoned broadcast professionals.


Coming back to the community after each broadcast, I bring home that enixhing experience of not just being able to learn how to operate the console when a commercial needs to be played, or how to modulate my voice so that it becomes more pleasing to the listeners, but being able to learn some insights from my co-hosts and from the listeners who interact with us a well.


I hope that your stint in the seminary does not only give you the obvious skills that we want you to have: to play an instrument, to have a deeper relationship with the Lord, etc. but also, those which are subtle and hidden skills which could only made surface through insight and reflection.


No comments:

Post a Comment