The National Youth Cross is having its stop at Don Bosco Canlubang on November 11, 2011 (11-11-11). And everyone, especially the young people, is invited to attend. I made some research about the Cross and here's what I got.
Here are some pieces of information about the National Youth Cross. Thanks to this site for the information and My Calbayog Diary for the above photo.
- The Youth Cross is made of mahogany in celebration of episcopal commission on youth's 25th anniversary.
- The images and figures on the surface were hand painted; youthful in style & color, & the persons garbed in Filipino get-up.
- The vertical part of the Cross depicts the scenes of the story of the Road to Emmaus [Lk 24:13-35].
- The horizontal part shows 14 different faces of youth, representing the 14 regions in Philippine Catholic youth ministry.
- The Youth Cross of the Philippines goes on a pilgrimage in the country in celebration of the CBCP Year of the Youth.
- As this year focuses on the young people, the journey of the Cross sends out a message of hope to the youth.
- The Youth are then encouraged to gaze on the Cross & receive the many blessings & graces that come from this symbol of Christ’s love.
- This way, the journey of the Cross becomes a true pilgrimage of prayer, reflection & grace for all, especially the youth.