Thursday, October 30, 2008

Christian goodness

It is always heart-warming to be on the receiving end of an act of kindness from people whom we know, especially in those moments when we least expect it.

Let me have some concrete examples.
  • Upon arriving yesterday, I saw white objects resting on my desk in the study hall: two pieces of clerical collars. They’re from Fr. Rey, my rector.
  • This morning, before I left for home, Ate Agnes handed on to me two wallet-size photos of my former batchmates and a holy picture of Don Bosco. They came from James.
  • And just a couple of minutes ago, chatting with Br. JM, he thoughtfully offered these words to me: “be strong ha.”

But it’s equally heartening to experience God’s goodness through the generous acts done to use by complete strangers. This, I experienced when some days ago, I got a note from my inbox.

A certain Sweet Mummy designed an entrecard for me. Plus, she tediously detailed the instructions on how I would go about replacing my current generic entrecard.


Here’s a part of her note:

Hello there!

I did something for a few other Christian Entrecarders last week, and I thought maybe you would appreciate it, too.

I have a little gift for you!

I don't want to offend you, but I noticed that you are currently using a generic Entrecard for your site. You have a fantastic header on your blog, and using that I've made you a new little 125x125 picture to use for your Entrecard Widget.


However, if you have something in mind already, I don't want to mess anything up.
I don't want to be paid, I just thought I would do a little something up, and if you liked it, you could use it, and if not you could chuck it.

The image is yours to do with whatever you like.

It didn't take me long to do it - I used the graphic from your header, and then needed to cut and paste part of the text to get the full title, then scaled it all 125x125.

I'm happy to help a little. I just know that having an EC card that is original and relates directly to your blog can really draw attention to your site and get more advertisers and more drops.

Thank you so much Fr. Rey, Br. JM, James, and Sweet Mummy! I hope to return these good deeds soon.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww.... thanks so much for mentioning me! That VERY sweet of you. I'm glad you like the card!! Many blessings!!!
    ~ Sweet Mummy
    It's OK to be WEIRD!

    ReplyDelete