Monday, September 28, 2009

Let's do something!

After eons of not updating this blog, I thought that I would not be able to retrieve my username and password from my minuscule memory. But I was wrong; I am able to pound on the keyboard keying in this entry and now that you're able to read this.

I finished two major exams in Philosophy this morning. I still have three more to come, but they could wait. At least for today, I allow myself to take a well-deserved rest after several weeks of not making my presence in the cyberspace felt. The followers of this blog—three, as of this time--kept on asking me about my reason for not updating, but is it not true that absence makes one's heart grow fonder?

I'm quite happy with the result of my exams. For the struggling philosopher in me, seeing my grades neatly written on my class card, really made up my day. It's like the best news I received since Ondoy visited our country over the weekend and wrecked havoc in the lives of many Filipinos living in the largest island of the country.

Let these photos do the talking.

And now that I made the necessary segue way, let me direct you to the letter of Br. Mon Callo, SDB, the Salesian Commission on Youth Ministry chair of the Salesians in the northern part of the Philippines.

September 28, 2009

Dear Friends,

Peace and blessings!

As we follow the recent turn of events, we realize the magnitude of the damage done by the recent typhoon Ondoy. We were not spared from the damage done by the typhoon to our persons and our properties. At the same time, we are grateful for the blessings we have received from the Lord despite all these. However, there is still much to be done for many of our people who are suffering and in need.

We can do something in order to help. The Salesian Commission on Youth Ministry with the Salesian Lay Volunteer Movement requests the following:

a. food (ready to eat canned food, bottled water, ready to drink milk, clothes, blanket)

b. temporary shelter (how many can you accommodate and how long)

c. volunteers (how many and for how long)

d. transportation

e. cash donation:
Account name: Salesian Missions Inc.
Account number: 023-23093261
Bank: BPI Legaspi - Amorsolo Branch
Fax Deposit Slip to: (02) 8924787

You can drop off your donation at CYM Office, 3/F St. John Bosco Parish Building, Amorsolo St. corner Pasay Road, Makati City.

We are also networking with other church and government agencies for providing relief goods and for volunteer work for whatever assistance they need (repacking relief goods, etc.).

Let us continue to ask Mary Help of Christians' maternal care and protection for us and our loved ones. God bless you and your loved ones!

Fraternally,

Bro. Raymond D. Callo, SDB

No comments:

Post a Comment