Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Enjoying the ride

If I had fallen asleep and suddenly woken up on a roller coaster, what would I feel?

Well, I would feel trapped and sick, terrified of every bend, wanting to get off. However, if I believe that the track is my destiny and that God is in charge of the machine, then the nightmare becomes something thrilling. It becomes exactly what it is, a roller coaster, a safe, reliable toy, which will eventually stop, but, while the journey lasts, I must look at the surrounding landscape and whoop with excitement.

This lengthy quote from Coelho's book struck me this morning. Such reminder that life carries turns and trots and loops and whatnot. And we just have to sit comfortably and relish the experience as someone in control takes charge.


1 comment:

  1. yay for coelho!
    marami akong favorite quotes galing sa librong yan. ang dami kong natutunan. one of my fave coelho books. :)

    ReplyDelete